Monday, March 7, 2016

Solo Mission

Sunday afternoon I found myself in a very rare position... alone. At school I am constantly surrounded by people; my teammates, my residents, my staff members, my friends... and I really wouldn't have it any other way. But for a few unusual hours everyone was running in different directions and I had some time to do me. It was amazing, and much needed after a suicide weekend of being on RA duty in the freshmen dorm (you see, staying up until 3am babysitting vomiting 18 year olds isn't as glamorous as it sounds). So after a nice sleep in (also rare) I took myself on a hike in Beacon which is just a short drive from Marist.

It was so refreshing to get outside and do something for myself, I didn't realize how much junk I had swirling around in my head that I just needed to clear out. It was great to indulge in a few hours of thinking thoughts I don't really have for otherwise, and don't want to think about when I'm surrounded by all of my people  (due to their emotionally unstabilizing nature). You know, graduation, the Job Hunt, how much I really am going to miss Marist... all that good stuff. It's healthy to get some of that stuff out on your own. And it's good to realize that alone time is healthy. I am so rarely alone that it almost makes me uncomfortable, but this Sunday was exactly what the doctor ordered.




No comments:

Post a Comment