Monday, December 7, 2015

Senioritis

I'm in the process of wrapping up my senior "capping" class, what I assume to be similar to hell a senior thesis at other schools. I was thrown into it with a team I'd never worked with before, assigned a topic seemingly irrelevant to me, and pushed to create a very calculated strategic recommendation. After many late nights, an unhealthy amount of caffeine, one minor mental breakdown, and one (much needed) late night Dominoes order, I cannot believe the progress we've made. As we wrap up and get ready to present our work this week, it is with shocking satisfaction that I reflect on it all.

This whirlwind of a semester has kicked my ass in more ways than I can count, but I have never felt so proud of the work I've done. I've learned so much about my strengths and weaknesses and how a team dynamic really, truly works. For truly the first time in my academic career I feel as though I've been challenged to critically think and put out meaningful, hard work. As I look towards graduation in May I'm happy to say that everything is really starting to "click". I see my curriculum taking shape and I have a new appreciation for the way my college career has been structured. I am so thankful for what Marist has given me and I am so thrilled to think of what's ahead.



1 comment: