Thursday, July 16, 2015

On Growing Up

Today I found myself consciously applying sunscreen... more than once. Is this what growing up feels like? My month-ish of living in DC has been a very palatable taste of the "real world". High school, college, even Dublin have all been incredible and tempestuous journeys but somehow I feel like this summer is already really different. Every time I start a new adventure I can't imagine anything being any more new or exciting or even intimidating than what's come before, but of course in just a few weeks I've proved myself wrong. 

My internship is really making me hungry for more, which is something I haven't felt in a long time. I want to know more, see more, do more, learn more. It's not high school butterflies or the wanderlust attached to studying abroad or some far-fetched dream or goal I had as a freshman in college. I have a tangible goal to be working towards and something to really focus on. 

I'd say I've always been "motivated", but it's different doing something where I need to prove myself. Tapping into on one specialized area is really opening my eyes to how intricate and unique ever industry really is. I am really thankful that I have the opportunity to be doing what I'm doing this summer, even if that means growing up a little bit.


2 comments:

  1. Nice summary, glad you're enjoying your stint in D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summary, glad you're enjoying your stint in D.C.

    ReplyDelete